Well our annual bird sale for 2018 is done and dusted! Without blowing our own trumpet, we really pulled out all of the stops to bring you a better Event for this year. We certainly learned a great deal from 2017, which saw a huge influx of visitors with the improvements to Social Media marketing.
Continuing with that same ethos, we looked at making some key improvements based on the feedback from last year's Vendors and Visitors...
- Inclusion of a 'cash-out'/ATM facility
- Improved trade vendors
- Better spacing to manage the large crowds
- Changes to food vendor provisions
- Greater variety of bird vendors
As many would know, The Parrot Society of Australia Management Committee are made up entirely of volunteers; but in our spare time we made every effort to execute this feedback for the 2018 Event. Our goal is to continue to "Raise The Perch In Aviculture", and here's some of the improvements we managed to accomplish...
- Full 'cash-out' facility at the Event
- Larger variety of trade vendors, with a wide array of different products
- New layout, with wider aisles
- Additional food vendor, with both on for extended trading hours
- Through our marketing efforts we attracted a much wider array of Aviculturalists to put their birds on show
- A full throttle Parrot Supplies Australia display
- Bird-of-prey photo area
What this resulted in, following record breaking figures in 2017, was brand new records in 2018 - it was our biggest Event yet! Check out this great video from Brisbane Birds...
We are looking forward to an even better 2019, with the possibility of a second Bird Sale on the horizon!