In the modern World we are constantly being challenged by improvements to technology and information sharing. For Associations like The Parrot Society of Australia it is fundamentally important that we continue to strive towards delivering new and innovative ways to support Australian Aviculture.
In 2016/2017 we began to toy with the idea of upgrading our current website, or developing a new one. We had to identify what the issues we had were, and how could we make running our Society easier in the long term future. Some of those issues we faced were...
- Lack of mobile/tablet responsiveness
- A Membership Management system that was performed using Excel spreadsheets
- An online Membership system that didn't sync with other interests in the Society
- The inability to manage our Events online
- Underused features on the website
One of the first improvements we made was by introducing the Parrot Supplies Australia Online Store. This had been in talks for over a decade in The Parrot Society, but in 2017 we managed to make that a reality. Absolute huge improvement for the Club!
With technology improving, we began to investigate options that could help us look after our Members better. We found a fantastic system called Wild Apricot, and with that Advance Web Design who specialise in helping Associations across the World with streamlining their model.
In August 2018 we will introduce a brand new look Website, that allows us to achieve the following for our Members and the General Public:
- Fully responsive website to mobile and tablet users
- Complete Membership Management system
- A comprehensive Resources section (that will continue to grow!)
- A full Breeder Database of Parrot Society Members
- Avi-Trader Online
- Event registration and management - all online
- Parrot Trust of Australia fundraising and promotion
- Plus HEAPS more!
Our sincere thanks to Michael Sugg, Managing Director of Advance Web Designs and Advance Association Management for his (and his team's) assistance during this process. It's been fantastic to see these changes come to light!
Stay tuned and subscribe for updates to our News section!